Saturday 27 July 2013

Wedding Cards

I was asked to make a wedding card for a Grandmother to give her grand-daughter on her special day.   She gave me a brief  but I couldn't decide which I liked best, so thought I'd let her choose.

Here they are:

This first one is a CASE from a card I saw on Pinterest by Amy O'Neill.  You can find her card here.
I love the elegance of this card and particularly the dyed flowers - I used Perfect Plum.


I got the idea for this on Pinterest also, but have changed it quite a lot.  The original was created by Daniela Sucker from Germany but I can't link to it because it was on an internal Stampin' Up! blog.  Sorry!
It uses the Floral Framelits - the largest one to make the base of the card.    The combination of Elegant Eggplant & Crumb Cake is lovely, and it's nice to make a different shaped card.

 Lastly, this card uses the envelope as a unique way of showcasing the card.


You use the "Mr & Mrs" frame to pull the card up out of the envelope.  The grandmother is known for loving violets and wanted flowers incorporated so this one has that little extra something inside.

I don't know which one she'll pick, so I'll pop back and let you know when she does.  Which one do you think she'll pick?  How about we have a little competition?  Vote here in the comments and the winner will get a gift from me!

Cheers
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.