Wednesday 18 September 2013

A Frame for a Butterfly

Isn't it easy to forget what craft supplies you have?  I know I certainly do, and I'm very prone to working with the current sets and materials, which causes me to overlook some of the beautiful products I've had for a while.

We worked with some of these items at my class last week, and they were so nice I decided to adapt them to this weeks challenge at Just Add Ink, which prompted me to dig out a couple of items in the Big Shot drawer!

I've made my frame using the Designer Frames embossing folder for the Big Shot.  I hand cut it out carefully to retain it's lovely shape.  It surrounds a small piece of the Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper.  If you haven't seen this before, take a close look - it is a gorgeous Kraft colour and quite a heavy weight but it's embossed with a fleur de lys type pattern.  You can see another sample of it here.

The next item I re-discovered was the Butterfly Wings Embosslit.  It's so cute with it's 5 little butterflies that are all different sizes and have different patterns embossed into them.  This is one of those great dies that embosses and cuts at the same time.

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set - Chalk Talk
Cardstock - Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla
Ink - Bermuda Bay & Soft Suede
Paper - Naturals Composition Specialty
Big Shot - Embossing folders - Designer Frames & Fancy Fan, Butterfly Wings Embosslit.
1 3/8" Circle punch
Ruffled Stretch Ribbon in Baked Brown Sugar
Rhinestone jewels

Thanks for looking.  Perhaps you'll go search through your craft stash and see what treasures you can find that you've forgotten about?!

Cheers
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you for stopping by.